Fill out the form below to receive news and updates from Sandvine.
Reporting to the Systems QA Director, the Reliability Test Engineer is a member of the Systems QA Team working to develop and execute system tests in reliability test network environment to verify the conformance and interoperability of solution to commercial and technical requirement specifications. You will troubleshoot and characterize defects and provide detailed configurations and descriptions for passing and failing tests for product acceptance reporting. As part of the team, you will ensure that test results are properly documented and tracked.
• Development of system test cases to verify the conformance of software products to product and solution requirement design specifications (PRD & SRS) and customer specific use-cases.
• Developing and maintaining test plans, test strategies for features under test to ensure full an uninterrupted service of system under test
• Submitting quality defect reports with reproducible steps while communicating customer impact and issue isolation information.
• Reviewing and providing feedback on PRD & SRS.
• Installing and configuring the integrated system solution under test.
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience as System Administrator or Quality Assurance Specialist
• Hands-on experience with telecommunication systems, hardware and software configurations, network switches, cable modems, configuration of software, and the ability to work from the command line on Unix (FreeBSD) and/or Linux is an asset
• Experience with automated software testing tools and scripting languages (TCL, Shell)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of Quality Assurance processes and software development life cycle is an asset
• Understanding of iterative Software Development methodology is an asset
Only qualified candidates that meet the needs of the position will be contacted