Fill out the form below to receive news and updates from Sandvine.
You will be responsible for the timely diagnosing/troubleshooting nonconforming production units, boards and subassemblies to support system manufacturing in a fast paced production environment. You are also responsible for hands on board level repair or coordination of repair with CMs and providing recommendations for material disposition. You provide primary feedback to assembly operations and HW design to continuously improve product yield and manufacturability. This is accomplished through continuous development of troubleshooting/repair methodologies, troubleshooting trees, systematic root cause analysis and feedback to product engineering/new product design/operations.
• Participating in daily production meetings to understand production priorities and scheduling work accordingly
• Assessing test results, troubleshoot boards/systems/subassemblies
• Communicating material disposition to Operations management
• Hands-on repair (including fine pitch hand soldering)
• Coordinating repair and/or return to vendor at CMs (interfacing with Quality Management to issue SCARs and Procurement team (RTV))
• Providing feedback to assembly operations and procurement teams to drive continuous yield/manufacturability improvement
• Supporting new product ramp in prototype builds, debug, repair and analysis to expedite time to stable production
• Providing mentoring and training to assembly staff to support improvements in product yield/manufacturability.
• Electronic Engineering Technologist or equivalent
• 1-3 years related experience in a HW manufacturing environment would be an asset
• Working knowledge of yield management methodologies, RCA , 8D and ECOs
• Working knowledge of CAD tools, schematics, drawings, specifications
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent teaming and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated trouble-shooting and analysis skills
• Demonstrated board debug and repair skills (scope, diagnostics, hand soldering)
• Experience in electronics and computer components
• Experience in telecom industry would be an asset
• Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment
Only qualified candidates that meet the needs of the position will be contacted