Fill out the form below to receive news and updates from Sandvine.
The QA Engineer is a member of the QA team working to develop and execute test cases to verify the conformance of software products to requirement specifications in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Quality Assurance is involved in all phases of product development. The input the QA Team members provide is crucial to management when deciding when the product is ready for release.
• Acting as a QA point of contact and studying to become an expert in your assigned area.
• Installing/testing/verifying multiple components that comprise a product with the intention to certify that the product is ready for release and conforms to product requirements.
• Developing and maintaining test plans and test cases for features under test while meeting schedule commitments, executing tests and providing quality test status reports.
• Reviewing and analyzing project documentation to ensure product testability.
• Providing accurate defect submissions which communicate customer impact and provide information to assist with the defect investigation and resolution.
• Installing, configuring and troubleshooting the integrated solution under test.
• Understanding how a feature is implemented in order to develop test cases for the functionality, performance, stress, and fault conditions.
• Assisting in project risk analysis, testing scope and scheduling.
• Automation of your test cases within an established automated framework.
• Identifying level of test coverage required and evaluating customer feedback to identify weak areas.
• BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 2-6 years of previous work experience in a software testing and verification or a related field
• Manual Testing experience in networking
o TCP/IP, IP V6, UDP, peer-to-peer, video streaming, mobile or gaming applications testing experience would be plus
• Knowledge of SIP, RTSP, RTMP, VOIP, DNS, HTTP , P2P protocols
• Experience in Protocol analyzer tools such as
o Networking protocols testing and analysis and signature matching with a scanned dictionary
o Wire shark /Ethereal
o Checks with data base via sql queries
• Experience developing automated tests and test automation software using scripting languages such as TCL/Tk, Perl, C, UNIX Shell or similar
• Performance testing on each protocols signature groups
• Protocol Conformance testing is an added advantage
• System level testing and black box testing Understanding of Quality Assurance processes including development of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated time management, project planning and organizational skills
Only qualified candidates that meet the needs of the position will be contacted